Web Mining Lab is an independent, inter-departmental research unit of PJIIT, founded in 2008 by dr M.Sydow.
Research Interests include:
- Information Retrieval and Web Information Retrieval
- Data/Web Mining and exploration of complex data (text, WWW, knowledge graphs, social networks, etc.)
- novel algorithms for searching and information processing
- elements of natural language processing, including less studied languages (as Polish), and semantic search
- applications of artificial intelligence (machine learning, optimization heuristics, etc.)
Range of activities:
Collaboration with: MPII Saarbruecken, Yahoo! Research Barcelona, IPI PAN, NetSprint, Gemius, and others.
- Mateusz Chochół, BSc (admin)
- Mariusz Pikuła, MSc
- dr Marcin Sydow (head)
- collaboration: dr hab. Ralf Schenkel (MPII, Saarbruecken), dr Jakub Piskorski (IPI PAN), Grzegorz Sobczak (MIMUW), Alina Wróblewska (IPI PAN)
- Former members: Piotr Borzymek, BSc; Adam Siemion MSc
Web Mining Lab is equipped with several servers and dedicated software for Web Mining and Web Information Retrieval.
For any inquiries concerning the lab please contact Marcin Sydow