Web Mining Seminar
The list of invited talks organised by the Web Mining Lab in PJIIT during 2007-2010:
The Seminar will be hopefully re-activated in 2012.
- March 11th, 2010, 15:00 "Segmentation of Polish Internet Users", Eliza Bujnowska, Gemius/Raiffeisen Bank Polska 2008-2009:
- March 5th, 2008, 15:45 "Effective structures for representing data in early detection of new patterns and supporting situation awareness", dr Artur Dubrawski, Auton Lab, director, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA (the lecture will be in Polish)
- May 7th, 2008, 15:15 "Potential applications of light-weight linguistic analysis to Web spam detection", dr Marcin Sydow, Web Mining Lab, Intelligent Systems Department PJIIT
- May 21st 2008, 15:15 "Meta Sets. An Alternative for Fuzzy Sets", Bartlomiej Starosta, Programming Methods Department, PJIIT
- June 4th, 2008, 15:15 "Tools for distributed data processing in clickstream analysis", Pawel Kalinowski, Project Manager, Gemius SA
- October 9th, 2008 15:00 "Behavioural Targeting in On-line Advertising" J.Jaworska (Gemius S.A), M.Sydow (PJIIT)
- October 23rd 2008, 15:00 "Meta-sets: Implementation and Applications" Bartlomiej Starosta (PJIIT)
- November 6th 2008, 15:00 (exceptionally:) Room D301 (the "Inaba" building) "Infobright: AI-based data warehouse" dr Dominik Slezak (Chief Scientist, Infobright/PJIIT)
- November 27th 2008, 15:00 Jakub Jurkiewicz (NetSprint.pl Sp. z o.o.) "How to Cheat Search Engine?"
- December 4th 2008, 15:00 Stefan Kotowski (IPPT PAN) "Limit Properties of Genetic Algorithms"
- January 8th 2009, 15:00 dr Malgorzata Marciniak (IPI PAN) "Rule-based Information Extraction from Medical Texts"
- 22.10.2007 "Combating Web Spam", dr Marcin Sydow, Web Mining Lab, Department of Intelligent Systems, PJIIT
- 05.11.2007 "Applications of automatic speech recognition systems", Lukasz Brocki, Danijel Korzinek, PJIIT
- 19.11.2007 "Internet on your disk" Leszek Krupinski, Web Mining Lab, PJIIT/Air Force Institute of Technology (Warsaw)
- 30.11.2007 (Friday!) "Hadoop. Introduction to map-reduce paradigm computations" , dr Dawid Weiss, Laboratory of Intelligent Decision Support Systems, Institute of Computing Science, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- 17.12.2007 ,,ECML/PKDD 2007. Predicting Web user behaviour'' dr M. Sydow, Web Mining Lab, PJIIT
- 7.01.2008 "ExPRESS (Extraction Pattern Engine and Specification Suite) - a new specification language for extracting information from continuous texts and its interpreter" dr Jakub Piskorski, Joint Research Centre of European Commission, Ispra, Italy
- 21.01.2008 "Challenges of Search Engines", Witold Karpeta, Head of Development Team, Netsprint.pl search engine